DJ AM was mixing two handfuls of some powerfully dangerous drugs -- both prescription and illegal -- when he died, but despite his recklessness the medical examiner has ruled his death "accidental."
The 36-year-old star had cocaine, OxyContin, Benadryl, Vicodin, Ativan, Klonopin and Xanax, as well as another drug used to cut cocaine in his system, according to NYC Medical Examiner's Office spokeswoman Ellen Borakove.
The official cause of death was listed as "acute intoxication," Borakove said. While she couldn't describe the exact timeline of the drug taking, Borakove said that since the elements are all listed as contributing factors to his death, they were probably ingested close to each other.
DJ AM, whose real name was Adam Goldstein, was found Aug. 28 in his apartment in New York City's trendy SoHo neighborhood after a friend called 911. Paramedics had to break down the door before they found him, shirtless and wearing sweat pants, in his bed around 5:20 p.m.
A crack pipe and prescription pill bottles were discovered scattered around the apartment.