Nashville-based musician, Matt Wertz, recently release his fourth record.
I spend most of my space here recommending indie bands, but sometimes a mainstream Top 40 artist catches my ear and deserves some appreciation. Matt Wertz recently released his fourth record, which made a positive splash on the digital charts. He's Nashville-based, so his pop songs have a slight twang to them, which is perhaps why his sweet and easy-on-the-ears songs grabbed me. He'll take the stage tonight at Anthology.
Sunday, April 17:
- Matt Wertz, Ben Rector, Tyson Motsenbocker @ Anthology (9:30 pm)
- Agua Dulce, Sonida de la Frontera, Israel Maldonado, Afrojazziacs @ Casbah
- Son Cubano Night with Combo Libertad @ Belly Up (7:30 pm)
- Pete Johnson "Jus Blues Baby" @ Belly Up (2:30 pm)
- David's Pegasus, Salamander Leviathin @ Tin Can
- Midnight Eagle, the Tower of Dudes, Roxy Jones, Tron Wayne @ Sound Wave
- Hardcore Matinee, featuring the Meatmen, Against the Grain, River Bottom Nightmare, Death Crisis @ Til Two Club (4-7 p.m.)
- Trivia/Pants Karaoke @ Eleven
- Tori Roze and the Hot Mess @ Ruby Room
- Lightning Train @ O'Connell's
- The Robin Henkel Band @ Lestat's
- Jose Sinatra's OB-O-ke @ Winston's
- Karaoke with Daryl Johnson @ Soda Bar
- Tribe of Kings/Reggae Vibes @ U-31
- Stelita @ Humphreys Backstage Lounge Brunch (10 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
- Dave Humphries @ Humphreys Backstage Lounge (3-7 p.m.)
- Dave Humphries and Friends @ Humphreys Backstage Lounge
- 2011 Celebration of Hope Gala dinner and auction, featuring Eve Selis @ Anthology (4:30 p.m.)
- Reggae Sundays @ Spin
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events, and general musings about life in San Diego onSan Diego: Dialed In. She does social media for the Casbah, books at West Coast Tavern West Coast Tavern, and is trying her hand at band management. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.