Here's your Independence Day guide for an explosive night of music.
Since it's Independence Day many of your local live music haunts will either be closed or limited in their lineups. However, you can hit the last night of the county fair to see fireworks and the "Happy Together" tour. If you're itching for indoor live music, hop between the Void and Soda Bar. WaveHouse has a big beach party headlined by Barrington Levy, but word on the street says it's sold-out, so don't bother unless you pre-purchased a ticket. No matter what you get into, have fun and be safe. We'll be back to a full music scene on Friday.
Thursday July 4 (Independence Day):
- Grounders, Dudes, Island Boy @ Soda Bar (FREE)
- The Last Years @ the Void
- Happy Together Tour @ San Diego County Fair Grandstand Stage
- Barrington Levy, Through the Roots, B-Side Players, Seedless, and DJs Ikah Love, Murphi Kennedy, Unite, Demon @ WaveHouse (SOLD-OUT)
- The Motels @ San Diego County Fair Paddock Stage
- Big Papa & the TCB @ San Diego County Fair Rock On Stage
- Debby Boone @ San Diego County Fair Showcase Stage
- Star Spangled Pops with Bill Conti @ Embarcadero Marina Park South
- Moonlight Serenade Orchestra @ Crystal Ballroom (414 N. Magnolia, El Cajon)
- SoulJazz @ Croce's
- Real Eyes @ Kava Lounge
- The Groove featuring Stallita @ Humphreys Backstage Live
- Jammin Z90.3 Throwback Thursdays @ 710 Beach Club