Some people believe that Labor Day marks the end of summer, but in San Diego, we know there's plenty of summer left with festivals and outdoor events continuing for the next couple months. Today is one of my favorites of the year, as FM 94/9 presents their annual Independence Jam. The lineup is great and after seeing Phantogram several times, I'm really looking forward to their set once again. The lineup is great all the way through and it's an opportunity to catch artists on the rise, too, like Wild Cub and their infectious hit "Thunder Clatter." The event is sold out, however, so if you missed out on tickets, you can still catch San Diego Blues Fest at the Embarcadero, the Riot House Records showcase at Bar Pink, or the Weirdos at the Casbah.
Sunday, September 7:
- FM 94/9 Independence Jam feat. Phantogram, Walk the Moon, J Roddy Walston & the Business, Bad Suns, Wild Cub, Little Hurricane, and Joywave @ Junior Seau Amphiteatre at Oceanside Pier (SOLD OUT)
- The Weirdos, Death Eyes, Homeless Sexuals, Records With Roger @ Casbah
- San Diego Blues Fest feat. Eric Burdon & the Animals, Tommy Castro & the Painkillers, Lazy Lester & the Bayou Brothers, Bishop John W Haynes & Change, Big John Atkinson & the Nationals, Missy Anderson and more @ Embarcadero Marina Park North
- Riot House Records Showcase feat. Rough Francis, Spencer Moody (Murder City Devils), Grand Tarantula @ Bar Pink
- Colin Hay, Cecilia Noel @ Belly Up
- She Keeps Bees, Shilpa Ray, Diatribes @ Soda Bar
- Intervention feat. Arty @ Hard Rock Hotel
- Gospel Brunch @ House Of Blues
- Underground Revolution Radio @ Kava Lounge
- Jesse Davis, Joe Leavy @ Humphrey's Backstage
- Sister Lip, The One and Only @ Lestat's
- Aqua Blue, Jose Sinatra hosts O.B.-o-ke @ Winstons
Rosemary Bystrak is the publicist for the Casbah and The North Park Theatre, and writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.