School may be back in session, but the music party continues with Barbarian at Soda Bar.
Labor Day is behind us, school is back in session, and summer festivals are mostly behind us. We're at the part of the year where touring slows down a bit, but San Diego will continue to have a solid local scene to entertain us at times like these. Over at the Soda Bar, Barbarian perform after a successful summer tour with Bat For Lashes. If you haven't had the chance to check out Oh, Spirit -- this is the perfect opportunity to do it. If you're looking for a harder edge, Casbah has some face melters as Iacon Studios hosts the night. Griffin, Tin Can and Lestat's all offer interesting lineups, so there's plenty to keep you entertained around town setting the tone for a pretty great weekend.
Thursday September 5:
- Barbarian, Is/Is, Oh Spirit, Jara (101181) @ Soda Bar
- Kinetic Circus, Archons, the Roman Watchdogs, Chasing Norman, DJ Timefly @ Casbah
- 91X presents Everlast Acoustic Duo @ Belly Up
- Jelly Bread, Jack Berry @ the Griffin
- Cult Vegas, Desolators, Gone Baby Gone @ Tin Can Ale House
- Club Mercy presents Chief Keef @ House of Blues
- Rebecca Loebe, This Way to the Egress @ Lestat's
- Jempress and Maka Roots, I Sight Band, DJ Carlos Culture @ Winstons
- Twang Gang with Crash & the Burns @ El Dorado
- Born Gold @ the Porch (address tba)
- EDM with Matt Nash @ FLUXX
- LED presents Daddy's Groove @ Voyeur
- Moonlight Serenade Orchestra @ Crystal Ballroom (414 N. Magnolia, El Cajon)
- Dave Curtis Quartet @ Croce's
- The Fabulous Ultratones @ Humphreys Backstage Live
- Gramophone Gregory & His Imaginary Orchestra @ ArtLab Studios
- Seria Star, Divinity & Kristie present Falistine, tba @ Kava Lounge
- Too Rude for Sunday @ Coyote Bar & Grill
- Jeff Moore @ Crush (Solana Beach)
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.