Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas did her best to fill Axl Rose's shoes when she performed "Sweet Child o' Mine" alongside Slash during the halftime Super Bowl show earlier this year.
After writing this column for so long, it is probably pretty clear when an artist comes to town who is one of my personal favorites. My writing is a little bit more gushing, I might push you a little bit harder to check them out. Such is the case on Monday as A.A. Bondy returns to the Casbah. Abandoning his punk roots of Verbena, Bondy has turned out to be one of my favorite musicians, with music that goes beyond your typical singer/songwriter's, both lyrically and in orchestration. His latest album, Believers, has gotten many plays in my household, and I can hardly wait to see the band on Monday.
Tuesday, Sept/ 4:
- Slash, featuring Myles Kennedy & the Conspirators @ House of Blues
- A.A. Bondy, Farmer Dave Scher @ Casbah
- Old Man Gloom, William Fowler Collins, Sad Vicious, Ides of Gemini @ Soda Bar
- Tiki Tuesday, featuring Adrian Demain's Exoticatronica @ Bar Pink
- The Bloodflowers, @ Eleven
- Just Like Jenna, Eruption, Plane Without a Pilot, Sam Hears @ The Griffin
- Tour Bookie Annie presents Us & Rebuilding, Mercies, Mexican Hexagon, Sailors of Neptune @ Ruby Room
- Anthology House Band @ Anthology
- Crash & the Burns @ El Dorado
- Freakjuice @ Brick By Brick
- Steph Johnson @ Croce's
- Chet Cannon @ Humphreys Backstage Live
- Train of Thought @ Queen Bee's
- Huckle @ Winston's
- Community Revolution in Progress @ The Office
- Tomcat Courtney @ La Gran Tapa
- Tommy Price & the Stilettos @ Henry's Pub
- Doug Allen @ The Kraken
- Open Mic @ Patrick's Gaslamp Pub
- 2 Bit Radio, Father Tiger, DJ Von Kiss @ Stage Bar & Grill
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.