Find out why Vancouver's Said the Whale is the next big thing at the Soda Bar on Tuesday.
It was just a few short weeks ago that I was talking up the Kopecky Family Band, who were headlining at Soda Bar. That same night, I mentioned Said the Whale, the Vancouver band that impressed me a few years back after they performed in San Diego. I even bumped into them at a random gas station in New Mexico as we were headed to SxSW. The band is finally getting the momentum they deserve and are returning with a headlining spot at Soda Bar. Said the Whale is fun and energetic. They have mastered their indie craft and deserve the "Next Big Thing" accolades.
Tuesday September 3:
- 91X presents Said the Whale, Kera & the Lesbians, Social Club @ Soda Bar
- Grand Tarantula, Chess Wars @ the Griffin
- John Hiatt @ Belly Up
- Mockingbird, Requiem for the Rockets, Craiglist Killers @ Tin Can Ale House
- The Mattson 2 @ El Dorado
- Lady Dottie & the Diamonds @ Seven Grand
- Len Rainey @ Humphreys Backstage Live
- Mike Wofford/Holly Hofmann Quartet @ Croce's
- The Routine @ Winstons
- Train of Thought @ Queen Bee's
- Comedy Night @ Lestat's
- Tomcat Courtney @ La Gran Tapa
- Doug Allen @ the Kraken
- Sweet Dreams @ Tiki House
- High Tech Tuesdays @ Kava Lounge
- Walter's Chicken Jam @ Patrick's Gaslamp Pub
- Stand Up Comedy @ Til-Two Club
- 710 Bass Club @ 710 Beach Clubb
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.