Christina McCord, courtesy of Dead Oceans
The Donkeys play the Casbah Stage on Sunday at the Adams Avenue Street Fair.
Whereas Saturday had dozens of shows to see, Sunday slows down a little bit. The good news is that you can still have an amazing day at the Adams Avenue Street Fair, with incredible local acts and a few touring ones, too, like Big Black Delta, who blew everyone away at a recent Casbah performance. They're joined by the Donkeys, Wild Wild Wets and more on the Casbah stage -- it's a great time to get out of the house if you don't want to be held hostage by Sunday sports. By nightfall, consider the double-header of singer/songwriters at the House of Blues, with the whispy Joshua Radin and the sunny stylings of Matt Nathanson, go to the Casbah for some face-melting by Sirhan Sirhan, or check out Lapalux over at the Void.
Sunday, September 29:
- Adams Avenue Street Fair (Casbah stage features Big Black Delta. the Donkeys, Wild Wild Wets, Okapi Sun, the Frights) @ Adams Avenue between 33rd-35th streets (free, all-Ages,10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Full lineup and info here)
- Matt Nathanson, Joshua Radin @ House Of Blues
- Sirhan Sirhan, Archons, Batwings @ Casbah
- Chango Rey, Dead River, Dinosaur Ghost, Richard Thompson @ Tower Bar
- Vaud & the Villains @ Belly Up
- Casbah presents Lapalux, Natasha Kmeto, Illuminauts @ The Void
- Stellita, Breez'n @ Humphreys Backstage
- The Routine, Small City Calling, Death By Snoo Snoo @ Soda Bar
- Bullet for My Valentine, Black Veil Brides, Stars in Stereo, Throw the Fight @ SOMA
- Jose Sinatra hosts O.B.-o-ke @ Winstons
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.