Bastille plays a sold-out show at House of Blues on Monday.
I live a pretty cush life to be able to see all kinds of music, but there are certain shows that turn me into a super fan: Bastille's sold out show at the Hous of Blues is one of those. This band almost came out of nowhere, and by spring their EP was one of my most listened to collections of music. When the full-length dropped, it became music my friends could all agree on and I can't count the number of top-of-our-lungs-sing-alongs we've had on a drive somewhere. It's going to be a great show and definitely worth the hype. Bastille is on a trajectory for greatness and this just might be the smallest venue they play from here on out.
Monday September 16:
- Bastille, Little Daylight, Nightmare & the Cat @ House of Blues (sold-out)
- Todd Barry, Robert Buscemi @ Casbah
- Bruin, Roxy Jones, + Special Guest @ Soda Bar
- The Tin Can Country Club featuring Eric Hankins @ Tin Can Ale House
- Whenskiesaregray, Black Panther, Meryl Streaker @ Ché Café
- Metal Mondays & Stay Strange present Hell (or), Zsa Zsa Gabor @ the Void
- Dave Scott & Monsoon Jazz @ Croce's
- Monday Night Mass with the Husky Boy All-Stars @ Bar Pink
- Motown Mondays with DJ Artistic @ Seven Grand
- Chet Cannon @ Humphreys Backstage Live
- Electric Waste Band @ Winstons
- WG & the G-Men @ Patrick's Gaslamp Pub
- Monday Night Jams @ 710 Beach Club
- Doug Allen @ the Kraken
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.