SDMA winners Lord Howler show why they're worthy of the Best Hard Rock nod.
On Sunday night, Lord Howler walked away with the Best Hard Rock award at the San Diego Music Awards. Tonight, when they rock the Casbah, you can see why they are worthy of such a title. The Night Marchers, who performed at the awards show, are also playing tonight, at the bar that singer John Reis co-owns, Bar Pink. For the underage set, there's a great show at the Che Cafe with SDMA nominees d/wolves. This week, there are more shows than usual for a Tuesday night, so get out and catch some live music.
Tuesday Sept. 14:
- Lord Howler, Brothers Collateral, Kuntz @ Casbah
- The Night Marchers @ Bar Pink
- Little Teeth, Paddle Boat, D/Wolves @ Che Cafe
- Rob Crow, Family Tree Analog, Nothingful, Israel Putnam el Americano @ Soda Bar
- Thee 90 Proof Pissers @ Eleven
- The Cult, Black Ryder @ 4th & B
- The Watusis, Burning Yellows, Mentira Mentira @ Tin Can
- Lauren O' Brien, Bucky McKinley (comedy), the Lee Coulter Band, Rob Deez @ Belly Up
- Local Brews Local Grooves: Broni, Chad Cavanaugh, Charlie Imes, Erin McLaughlin and Right Your Wrongs @ House of Blues
- Patrick Heaney and Bonk Joyner (DJ sets) @ U-31
- Anthology House Band @ Anthology
- Pyrate Punx presents Hellbastard, Warkrusher, Man Destroys Himself @ Ruby Room
- Brawley @ Riviera Supper Club
- Band Showcase Competition @ Humphreys Backstage Live
- The Stilettos @ Henry's Pub
- Bayou Brothers @ Patrick's ll
- Dave Booda Acoustic @ Tiki House
- Tomcat Courtney @ La Gran Tapa
- Doug Allen, Suzy Bongo @ The Kraken
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events, and sometimes whatever creeps into her head on her music blog San Diego: Dialed In. Check it for even more listings. Follow her updates at twitter.com/sddialedin or submit your music listings.