By the time you read this, chances are Deer Tick is sold out. There were a couple general admission seats left, and a few reserved loft seats too, but, they're going to go fast -- so instead of harping on what you can't see tonight, I'll tell you that the co-headlining show with Chad Valley and Keep Shelly In Athens show at the Casbah is going to be well worth your time.
Then there's New Found Glory, and Alkaline Trio at SOMA -- bands who generally play 21+ venues, so that one should pack in the kids, and there's a Suicide Girls Burlesque show at House of Blues, that should bring out the beautiful people.
However, my pick of the night is a female-fronted act called Boy, performing at Porter's Pub. Obviously they're not easy to find in a search engine with a name like that, but they're fantastic and even more fantastic is that one of my all time favorite singer-songwriters, Jeremy Messersmith, is opening the show. I can't be sure if he's bringing his full band or playing alone, but either way, he is incredible, with one of the most mesmerizing voices on the circuit today. Sometimes it's hard to hit a venue that seems so different every time you go there, but this one is worth the extra effort, and as far as I know, there will be plenty of tickets at the door for you last-minute deciders.
Sunday, October 27:
- Deer Tick, Robert Ellis @ Belly Up
- Chad Valley, Keep Shelly In Athens, Island Boy @ the Casbah
- Casbah Presents: Boy, Jeremy Messersmith @ Porter's Pub
- New Found Glory, Alkaline Trio @ SOMA
- Koffin Kats, the Strikers, Hard Fall Hearts @ Brick By Brick
- Suicide Girls: Blackheart Burlesque @ House of Blues
- Zach Brown Band, DUGAS, AJ Ghent @ Sleep Train Amphitheatre
- Creeps & Ghouls Film Screening with musical guest LUBE! @ the Ché Café
- Stelita (10:00am), Breez'n (7:00) @ Humphrey's Backstage
- The Robin Henkel Band @ Lestat's
- Tav Falco & the Panther Burns, Rey & Davies @ Soda Bar
- Sister Sparrow and the Dirty Birds, Tori Roze and the Hot Mess @ the Griffin
- Rat City Riot, From Scars, Get Dead, Neutral Boy (3:00pm) @ the Shakedown
- Tim & the 23's, the Nformals, Down Big @ the Tin Can
- Cherries Jubilee Jazz Cabaret @ the Whistle Stop
- The Anton Collective and Underwater Demolition Team (5:00), Jose Sinatra hosts O.B.-o-ke @ Winston's