Robby Gira and the rest of Trouble in the Wind perform tonight at Tin Can.
Who would have thought a Sunday would offer up so many music options? The Casbah has their almost-monthly free show with a live broadcast by Tim Pyles, while Italian Japanese take over the Tin Can. Echogram are coming to the Ruby Room all the way from Cork, Ireland, while Kamp Camille post up at Soda Bar, which is where I'm leaning because I was blown away by their performance there earlier this year, I am a hugh fan of Trouble in the Wind, and I've been meaning to check out Black Oak Hymnal. Whatever you decide, it certainly will make you forget the Monday is just a night's sleep away.
Sunday, Oct. 23:
- Kamp Camille, Trouble in the Wind, Black Oak Hymnal @ Soda Bar
- Italian Japanese, Yeah Great Fine, Slow Trucks @ Tin Can
- Misspent Warhead Premise, Echogram, Uniform Victor @ Casbah (free, doors at 7 p.m., live broadcast by Tim Pyles of FM 94/9, free food from Gaglione Brothers)
- Echogram, Ruletta, Some Hear Explosions, Napolean Complex, Incomplete Neighbor @ Ruby Room
- Elephant Project, Kirbys Dream Band, Platypus Egg @ Lestat's
- Abbey Road (Beatles Tribute) @ Belly Up
- Karaoke with Scotty Pants @ Eleven
- Fundraiser benefiting Firefighter Jessica Madson featuring Hypnotist Ron Owens @ Belly Up (3 p.m.)
- Bloody Mary Bastards, the Cutaways @ Bar Pink
- Pat Green, Alex Woodard @ House of Blues
- Jose Sinatra's OB-O-ke @ Winston's
- Tribe of Kings/Reggae Vibes @ U-31
- Marcus Anderson @ Humphreys Backstage Lounge Brunch (10a.m. to 2 p.m.)
- Chet Cannon @ Humphreys Backstage Lounge (7p.m.)
- Anna Nalick @ Anthology (7 p.m.)
- Reggae Sundays @ Spin
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.