Grandaddy performs on the Sutro stage during the 2012 Outside Lands Festival in San Francisco, on Saturday, August 11, 2012.
Music lovers will rejoice for this week's Anti-Monday League. You might not know Jason Lytle's name off the bat, but he's the lead vocalist for Grandaddy, which should make your heart skip a beat a bit. The legendary band has graced mega-stages and festivals over the past two decades until their split in 2006, but their reunion this year was a hopeful sign that the magic might happen once again. Catch Lytle onstage at the Casbah with Sacramento's Sea of Bees and intimately experience true artistry.
Monday, Oct. 22:
- Anti-Monday League presents Jason Lytle (Grandaddy), Sea of Bees @ Casbah
- CANCELED: Casbah Presents: Perfume Genius, Dusted @ The Irenic
- KPRI presents Beth Orton, Sam Amidon @ House of Blues
- Thieves Like Us, Aimon, Dancing Strangers, DJ Robbie Butler @ Soda Bar
- Leon Russell, Blitz Brothers @ Belly Up
- Sonnyboy, guests @ Eleven
- The Tin Can Country Club featuring Gregory Theilmann, Golden Red @ Tin Can
- Radical Something, 2AM Club @ Porter's Pub
- Soul Jazz Jam wit the Fire Eaters @ Bar Pink
- Dirty Mondays with DJ Gabe Vega @ The Saloon (Encinitas)
- Chet Cannon Blue Monday Blues Party @ Humphreys Backstage Live
- Open Mic @ Lestat's
- Dave Scott & Monsoon Jazz @ Croce's
- I Hate Monday with DJs Profile, Alyasha, guests @ El Dorado
- Jazz Jam with Deejah & Walter @ Patrick's Gaslamp Pub
- Joshua White Jazz Piano Trio @ Lyceum Theatre noon
- Electric Waste Band @ Winston's
- Dub Dynamite @ The Office
- Karaoke @ Coyote Bar & Grill
- Doug Allen @ The Kraken
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.