Supersuckers play a show at the Casbah on Sunday with some great local support.
Maybe I've just seen the band too many times or their publicity photos or something, but whenever I imagine Supersuckers, I think of straw hats and aviator glasses and lots and lots of whiskey and spilled beer. The legendary band returns to the Casbah on Sunday for a show with some great local support, and it should make for a pretty fun evening. This show was originally scheduled at Soda Bar, so please note the change. Meanwhile, former Scarlet Symphony frontman Gary Hankins struts his stuff at the Tower Bar, 1776 performs at the Griffin, and Requiem for the Rockets will play Soda Bar.
Sunday, October 20:
- Supersuckers, Hellbound Glory, Neighbors to the North, Saint Shameless @ Casbah
- Gary Hankins, Lionsweb, Grandma Kelsey @ The Tower Bar
- 1776, Bjorn Baillie & the Breaks @ The Griffin
- Three Dog Night @ Belly Up
- Requiem for the Rockets, Inspired and the Sleep, Tan Sister Radio, Throne @ Soda Bar
- Afton presents Whiskeytickle, Brennon Peters aka T.B.G., Hot Gin, A.D., Chase Enriquez, Big Country Elephant, Seth Geko, Ta'East @ Brick By Brick
- Jason Brown (10 a.m.), Shelle Blue (7 p.m.) @ Humphreys Backstage
- Elli Perry, James Maple, Cara @ Lestat's
- Death Angel (CD release), 3 Inches of Blood, Battlecross, Revocation, Diamond Plate, Damcyan, Gravespell @ Ramona Main Stage
- Handguns, A Loss for Words, Major League, the Sheds, Cut Your Losses @ SOMA
- Cham @ Spin
- Wilson Renette (5 p.m.), Jose Sinatra hosts O.B.-o-ke @ Winston's
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.