The last time Kenan Bell played in San Diego, I urged you to go and told you it was a show not to be missed, and then I got sick and didn't make it.
Fortunately for us, Bell lives in L.A., and he loves playing San Diego as much as the Casbah loves having him, so it works out that he can return more often than many L.A. bands who ignore us here in San Diego. I'm feeling healthy, so this time I'll be at the Anti-Monday League show and I'm excited to check out Hesta Prynne, because that is a heck of a name. Maybe I'll wear a scarlet "A" and really get into the mood. If you're adamantly against hip-hop, Kenny Wayne Shepard makes a rare small-club appearance at the Belly Up, Scout Niblett performs at Soda Bar, and Nude Boy takes over the Tin Can.
Monday, October 18:
- Anti-Monday League presents Kenan Bell, Hesta Prynn, guests @ Casbah
- Kenny Wayne Shepherd, guest @ Belly Up
- Scout Niblett, Street of Little Girls, Nothingful @ Soda Bar
- Nude Boy, Sex Church, Christmas Island @ Tin Can
- The Styletones @ Bar Pink
- Lady Dottie and the Diamonds @ U-31
- Melly Frances and the Distilled Spirits @ Riviera Supper Club
- Chet Cannon's Blue Monday Blues Party @ Humphreys Backstage Live
- Pyrate Punx present Putrid Feedback, Blood Stained Reality, Spreading Evictions @ Ruby Room
- Jaeryoung Lee Jazz Trio @ Athenaeum Music and Arts Libary (12 p.m.)
- Lofty Mondays @ The Loft
- Blues Jam hosted by Mystery Train @ O'Connell's
- Open Mike @ Lestat's
- Club MAW @ Henry's Pub
- Doug Allen, Suzy Bongo @ The Kraken
- Shelle Blue @ Patrick's II
- Electric Waste Band @ Winston's
- The Get Down @ Club Kadan
- Dave Scott @ Croce's
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events, and sometimes whatever creeps into her head on her music blog San Diego: Dialed In. Check it for even more listings. Follow her updates at twitter.com/sddialedin or submit your music listings.