The Pains of Being Pure at Heart play on Monday night at the Belly Up.
Remember last week how I told you that touring bands love to come to San Diego in the fall? Tonight is another great example. The Pains of Being Pure at Heart will take over the Belly Up for another installment of FM 94/9's About the Music series, while Chad VanGaalen performs at the Soda Bar. Personally, I am excited about the return of Megafaun to the Casbah. The last time they performed, they were a support act and blew everyone away with their well-crafted songs and their bigger-than-life stage presence. With a solid new release under their belts, this show definitely warrants my attention and attendance.
Monday Oct. 10:
- Anti-Monday League presents Megafaun, Hi Ho Silver @ Casbah -- read Nada Alic's preview here
- Chad VanGaalen, Gary War, Roll Film @ Soda Bar -- read Scott McDonald's Van Gaalen interview here
- FM 94.9 About the Music presents the Pains of Being Pure at Heart, Tropical Popsicle, Hotel St. George @ wwww.bellyup.com
- David Williams, Disco Doom @ Tin Can
- Dirty Mondays, with DJ Gabe Vega @ The Saloon (Encinitas)
- April Ventura @ Riviera Supper Club
- Radaid, La Ballena de Jonas, Dancing Strangers, Pilots @ Ruby Room
- Robin Henkel @ Humphreys Backstage Live
- Mellow Mondays, featuring DJ Mello D @ House of Blues
- Open Mic @ Lestat's
- The Accidentals @ Tiki House
- Off the Clock Industry Night @ Henry's Pub
- Doug Allen @ The Kraken
- Lady Dottie and the Diamonds @ Patrick's Gaslamp Pub
- Electric Waste Band @ Winston's
- Grilled Funk Shop, with DJ Riddles @ Eleven
- Monday Night Mic @ Club Kadan
- Adam Gimbel's Too Cool for Karaoke @ Whistle Stop
- Stage 4 Jazz @ Croce's
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.