Catch fave local band Barbarian perform at the Casbah on Tuesday.
Tuesday is a good night if you're in search of reverb-drenched fuzzed out music. The Allah-Las have been to San Diego quite a bit and always turn out a great show, but it's Jacco Gardner that has me especially interested. Not to mention one of my all around favorite local bands, Barbarian, is on the bill whom I haven't had the chance to catch since their tour with Lavendar Diamond. Up north at the Belly Up, blog-beloved Toro y Moi performs -- even more knobby-turning fuzz music. Around town, Brothers Weiss and the Sinclairs -- two local band names you will hear a lot in the upcoming years -- catch them at the Griffin while they're still new-ish. See Mattson 2 at El Dorago, or catch our buddies the nFormals opening for Fighting With Irons at Soda Bar.
Tuesday October 1:
- Allah-Las, Jacco Gardner, Barbarian @ Casbah
- Casbah presents Toro Y Moi, Vinyl Williams @ Belly Up
- LoudNoisesSD presents Fighting With Irons, the NFormals @ Soda Bar
- Brothers Weiss, the Sinclairs, Rival Tides, Nicely @ the Griffin
- The Tarantist featuring Dani Bell, Laura Gravelle, Unsteady featuring Melanie Monsters @ Tin Can Ale House
- Mattson 2uesday with the Mattson 2 @ El Dorado
- Lady Dottie & the Diamonds @ Seven Grand
- Cholo Punks Audio Visual Club Night @ Tower Bar
- Bill Magee @ Humphreys Backstage Live
- Mike Wofford/Holly Hofmann Quartet @ Croce's
- Brothers Gow, Eminence Ensemble @ Winstons
- Train of Thought @ Queen Bee's
- Tomcat Courtney @ La Gran Tapa
- Doug Allen @ the Kraken
- Sweet Dreams @ Tiki House
- High Tech Tuesdays @ Kava Lounge
- Walter's Chicken Jam @ Patrick's Gaslamp Pub
- 710 Bass Club @ 710 Beach Club
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.