The Yo Gabba Gabba "There's a Party In My City" tour finally hits San Diego for two shows today.
Perhaps you're a parent who reads my nightly recommendations. Perhaps you can't go out because you have major responsibilities between your family and your job. Well, today is your day to be Super Mom or Super Dad, because you can take the kids to see Yo Gabba Gabba's There's a Party In My City tour. You can please the kids while also geeking out on hipster parent humor. I don't have kids, but I do have nieces and a nephew, and when I found out this tour was coming to town way back in February, I have to say it has been a much anticipated show for my family ever since. We'll be there, and while the show isn't easy on the wallet, it is a kids' show made for parents to enjoy. I personally cannot wait to catch the show and neither should you. The benefit is that you can exhaust the kids, catch a sitter, and still make it out for some adult fun with a free early show at the Casbah, some fun dance music at the House of Blues, or any other number of San Diego's usual offerings for grownups.
Sunday, Nov. 28:
- 31st Annual San Diego Thanksgiving Dixieland Jazz Festival @ Town & Country Conference Center
- Yo Gabba Gabba! There's a Party In My City tour @ Valley View Casino Center (3 p.m. and 5 p.m.)
- Cover Me Badd 10th Anniversary Show, featuring Blasphemous Guitars, Geezer, Geezer From the Crypt, the Beatles US, District of Rebellion, Lil Strummer Orchestra, Too Cool for Karaoke @ Casbah (free show; doors open at 7p.m.)
- Pretty Lights , Free the Robots, Gramatik @ House of Blues
- Son Cubano Night with Combo Libertad @ Belly Up
- BBQ Early Show, featuring BantamFeather, Lo-Pan, Ride the Sun and more @ Ruby Room (5-9 p.m.)
- Night of the Cookers, featuring Zack Wentz @ Whistle Stop
- O'Connell's Farewell Show, featuring SweetTooth, Hands Down South, Someday Assassin, Save Amos @ O'Connell's
- Eben Brooks "Heroes Against Hunger", the Leftovers, Lindsay Yung @ Lestat's
- SNDTRKR, Gardening Not Architecture, Phen Swan @ Che Cafe
- Don't Turn IT OFF, featuring Mark E Quark, Holbach and Pavlik @ El Dorado
- Cactus Jack's and Friends @ Winston's (7-9 p.m.)
- Jose Sinatra's OB-O-ke @ Winston's
- Karaoke with Daryl Johnson @ Soda Bar
- Tribe of Kings/Reggae Vibes @ U-31
- SDSU Jazz Vocal Ensemble, Leonard Patton/Peter Sprague Quartet @ Dizzy's (Culy Warehouse, 338 7th Ave.)
- Burt Brion @ Humphreys Backstage Lounge Brunch (10 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
- Darry Williams @ Humphreys Backstage Lounge
- BCMG presents K-Paz de la Sierra @ 4th & B
- Bohemian Rhapsody -- open mic rap @ Kadan
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events, and sometimes whatever creeps into her head on her music blog San Diego: Dialed In. Check it for even more listings. She also provides social media content for the Casbah. Follow her updates at twitter.com/sddialedin or submit your music listings.