Strange Vine are at the Casbah on Sunday night.
After a long holiday weekend, you may feel compelled to sit on the couch and veg, but the music scene never quits in this town, so let me tell you your Sunday plan: Watch football, eat the remainder of your Thanksgiving turkey, take a nap, head out on the town. Sunday offers up some great options to tickle your eardrums. Up north, Abbey Road bring their Beatles tribute to the Belly Up, while UFO return to San Diego with a show at Brick By Brick. I'm a bit torn between the Casbah and Soda Bar, as both offer up great indie shows, but I'm going to lean towards the Casbah because Wild Belle and Deep Sea Diver are both great, but my friends Strange Vine from Fresno will be opening the show. The listings aren't extensive, but they certainly have some depth for anyone inclined to participate.
Sunday, Nov. 25:
- Wild Belle, Deep Sea Diver, Strange Vine @ Casbah
- Casbah presents Delicate Steve, Dana Buoy (of Akron/Family), Idyll Wild @ Soda Bar
- Jonathan Coulton @ Anthology
- Figure, Brain Waves, Killabits @ House of Blues
- Abbey Road: A Tribute to the Beatles @ Belly Up
- Chiodos, Heartist, the Empire Within, Killing the Messenger, Shining Through @ Soma
- UFO, Taz Taylor Band, Symbolic, Points North, Unicorn Death @ Brick By Brick
- Slaughter's Daughters @ Eleven
- Young Performers Showcase @ House of Blues
- Chris Carpenter @ Lestats
- Ed Ghost, Tucker, Sam Bybee, Sandi King @ The Griffin
- Jose Sinatra hosts O.B.-o-ke @ Winston's
- Slower @ 710 Beach Club
- Happy Endings, featuring DJs JoeMama & Tramlife @ Bar Pink
- Mundell Lowe and Jack Petersen with Rob Thorsen and Jim Plank @ Dizzy's (San Diego Jet Ski Rentals 4275 Mission Bay Drive)
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.