Drake takes over Viejas Arena Nov. 24.
It would be disengenuous to pretend that I'm a fan of pop radio, but I certainly understand the pull of big sensations, and Viejas arena is certainly going to be packed to the rims with fans who are ready to dance, sweat, and swoon over the smooth vocal stylings of Drake. The Canadian artist, once known purely for acting, has proved to be a hot commodity in the music industry, with Grammys, Junos, and sales of over five million records worldwide. Miguel and Future open the show. Of course, around here we lean toward the indie, so Night Beat at the Casbah, the Lyrical Groove at Bar Pink, or Church of Misery at Soda Bar are all winning options tonight.
Sunday, November 24:
- Drake, Miguel, Future @ Viejas Arena, SDSU
- Night Beats, Wild Wild Wets, Amerikan Bear @ the Casbah
- The Lyrical Groove, Oh Mercy @ Bar Pink
- Casbah + Soda Bar Present: Church of Misery, Wizard Rifle, Wild Honey, Deep Sea Thunderbeast @ Soda Bar
- Mikey Lion, Seth Troxler @ Bang Bang
- Vaud and the Villains @ Belly Up
- Jason Charles Miller & Guests @ Brick By Brick
- The 2013 Bass Summit featuring Marshall Hawkins, Jory Herman, Barry Green, Katie Thiroux, Rob Thorsen, Bert Turetzky with Joshua White and Duncan Moore @ Dizzy's
- Protest the Hero, Architects, Affiance, the Kindred @ SOMA
- Stellita (10:00am), Breez'n (7:00pm) @ Humphrey's Backstage
- The Robin Henkel Band @ Lestat's
- Cherries Jubilee Jazz Cabaret @ WhistlestopJose Sinatra hosts O.B.-o-ke @ Winstons
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.