Jon Piotrowski, formerly of Demasiado, performs under the moniker Cry For Us Black Swans tonight at the Habitat.
Over the years, there have been many people working hard to generate interest in music and the arts in San Diego. Sometimes that means promoting shows at bars and clubs, and sometimes that means making a venue out of what you've got. When local musician "Roybot" moved out of his home in Golden Hill, the fate of the Habitat House was unknown. Fortunately, he passed the home on to other creatives -- including Zack Nielsen of Sezio.org -- and the Habitat lives on. Tonight is the first official show with the new residents and features a couple of San Diego's finest talents: Jon Piotrowski has impressed as the frontman of Demasiado and tonight performs his new material under the moniker Cry for Us Black Swans. Sharing the living room, Jackson Milgaten will carry on the Vision of a Dying World. The show is free -- just keep in mind this is a private residence, and if the Habitat is to open its doors to the public, respect of the property is absolutely required.
Sunday, Nov. 21:
- Jon Piotrowski (Cry for Us Black Swans), Jackson Milgaten (the Vision of a Dying World), guest bartender Joel P West @ Habitat House (1008 21st St., 7 p.m., free, 21+, Cash Bar)
- Clinic, the Fresh and Onlys, Lights On, the Loons @ Casbah
- Local Brews Local Grooves: All Access with Todo Mundo, the Groove Kitties, Simeon Flick, Erin McLaughlin, Deadline Friday, Mind Over Matter, Endoxi, Christopher Dale, Taming the Fox, Nova, Citizen Band, Bobby Pena, SweetTooth, Soul Ablaze, Great White Buffalo @ House of Blues (5:45 p.m.)
- Pay Up Cheaters: A Country Dick Celebration featuring the Farmers with Dave Alvin, Peter Case, Candye Kane, Rolle Love, Joey Harris and the Mentals, Mojo Nixon @ Belly Up
- The Cactus Jacks and Friends @ Winston's (6-9 p.m.)
- TRC Soundsystem @ O'Connell's
- James Zabiela, Simian Mobile Disco (DJ set), Audrey Napoleon @ Voyeur
- Allison Weiss, Bess Rogers, Lelia Broussard @ Lestat's
- Afton presents Granzlam, (AO) n TALENTD, Young Cruize, Tawl Tayl, Braydlez, AlySlap and Da MOE Squad, San Diego Prodigies, Bloc Bang Music, Diversal, G VEGA, Painstu, Black Orion, Cavi Luvane, Keymon Dial of CP, Its Mental, REMEDY@ Brick By Brick
- Religious Girls, Chelsea Wolfe, J. Irvin Dally, Cowards and Gentlemen, Brother @ Che Cafe
- "This is a song ..." vocalist Darwin E. Johnson with pianist/composer Rich Alick, bassist Rob Thorsen, and drummer Duncan Moore @ Dizzy's (San Diego Wine and Culinary Center)
- Stelita's Groove @ Humphreys Backstage Lounge Brunch (10 a.m. to 2 p..m.)
- Reggie Smith @ Humphreys Backstage Lounge (8 p.m. to 12 a.m.)
- Kastle Creeps @ Portugalia
- Sacha Boutros @ Anthology (early show, 7:30 p.m.)
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events, and sometimes whatever creeps into her head on her music blog San Diego: Dialed In. Check it for even more listings. She also provides social media content for the Casbah. Follow her updates at twitter.com/sddialedin or submit your music listings.