Juanes plays a sold-out show at Humphreys on Sunday.
It's hard to believe that it was already more than a decade ago that Colombian rocker Juanes was playing a free show at the San Diego County Fair. Several albums, Grammys and world tours later, Juanes is playing a very special tour, Loud and Unplugged. The tour finds the singer in intimate venues around the country, with the San Diego stop at Humpreys Concerts By the Bay. The show has long been sold out, but you can find me -- with, presumably, dozens of others -- with a picnic and a blanket, listening to the show from the lawn across the road from the venue. Cheap seats, yes, but definitely worth it. Maybe I'll even wear a camisa negra for good measure.
Sunday, May 26:
- Juanes' Loud and Unplugged Tour @ Humphreys Concerts By the Bay (sold out)
- LED, featuruing Axwell, Diplo, Martin Solveig, Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, Clockwork, TJR, Hook n Sling, Destructo @ Valley View Casino Center (18+, 9 p.m. to 4 a.m.)
- 30 Years of Ugly Things: Fortune & Maltese (playing Paul Revere & the Raiders), the Rising Ramrods (Nashville Ramblers), Ty Wagner (I'm a No-Count), the Unclaimed @ Casbah
- Takahashi, Bloody Mary Bastards, Subsurfer @ Soda Bar
- Casbah presents Joyce Manor, Kids, Linkletter @ The Irenic
- Plane Without a Pilot, Foreign Film, Bulletproof Tiger, Lazuli @ Tower Bar
- Dragon Lounge presents Otter, Arkon, Peacemaker, Ronnie, MC Ridda, Dirtylogic @ Kava Lounge
- Pants Karaoke @ The Void
- DJ Partywave, Local Bands, Local Brews @ 710 Beach Club
- Happy Endings With DJ Joemama and Friends @ Bar Pink
- Cash'd Out, Lexington Field @ Belly Up
- Latinos Imparables Tour @ House of Blues
- Jason Brown, Monette Marino Keita @ Humphreys Backstage LIVE
- Juanes @ Humphreys
- Robin Henkel Band @ Lestats
- Kingston 13, Nekter @ The Griffin
- Jose Sinatra Hosts O.B.-o-ke @ Winstons
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.