Jesse LaMonaca and the Dime Novels headline the North Park Festival of Arts Main Stage.
It has been an incredible learning experience, working behind the scenes on the massive undertaking that is the North Park Festival of Arts. For months, a small committee has been meeting regularly to cover everything from permits to electrical contracting to party rentals, and all of the work comes to a peak today. I've curated the main stage and am quite proud of the lineup, but all of the stage producers have strived to bring you the best in local and world music talent for this free family event. I have a feeling, rain or shine, that this is going to be the best event in the 15-year history of the event, and I'm proud to be working alongside the great community members and business owners of North Park. I'll have a tent by the mainstage, so do come by and say hi and, even more important, enjoy a free family day of food, music, art, and dance.
Sunday, May 15:
- North Park Festival of Arts -- Main Stage: Jesse LaMonaca and the Dime Novels, the Heavy Guilt, Josh Damigo and the Midnight Pound, D/Wolves, the Kabbs, School of Rock. Bar Pink Stage: Grand Tarantula, the Makeup Sex, Low Volts, the Tuggs, the Smart Brothers, Hello Trouble. Four more stages, art, crafts, Craft Beer Block, beer garden and more @ North Park (University between 30th & 32nd. Free parking at parking structure on 30th, free bike valet, all ages.
- Humanity In Motion Benefit, featuring the Makepeace Brothers, Bushwalla, Jessie Payo, Dawn Mitschele @ W Hotel (2-5 p.m.)
- The Knitters, He’s My Brother, She’s My Sister @ Belly Up
- Bad Fate, Conceptus, Revenge Club @ Soda Bar
- The Jade Element, Christine Donaldson, Amber Navran Band @ Tin Can
- Sea World presents Viva La Musica with Fonseca @ Sea World
- Zac Brown Band, Blackberry Smoke @ Cricket Wireless Amphitheatre
- San Diego County Fair Musicpalooza Showcase @ Belly Up (1:30 p.m.)
- SunDaze with Myback (John Dalback and Albin Myers) @ Sound Wave
- The Cactus Jacks and friends @ Winston’s (6-9 p.m.)
- Luscious Noise @ Anthology (6 p.m.)
- Shawn Mullins, Callaghan @ Anthology (8 p.m.)
- Coda Reactor, the Oddballs, Media Control @ Tower Bar
- Snatch Benefit, featuring Chango Rey @ The Shakedown
- Foreign Film, Artillery Fire, Man vs Teeth @ Ruby Room
- Cancer Schmancer Fundraiser @ Bar Pink
- Trivia/Pants Karaoke @ Eleven
- Erin McLaughlin, Podunk Nowhere, Katie Leigh and the Infantry, Rob Carona, Melly Frances and the Distilled Spirits @ House of Blues
- Robert Wynia (Floater), Michael Shapiro @ Lestat's
- Cros1, Saul Q, Felt1, PWC @ El Dorado
- Jose Sinatra's OB-O-ke @ Winston's
- Tribe of Kings/Reggae Vibes @ U-31
- Joshua White Quartet @ Dizzy's (San Diego Wine and Culinary Center)
- Jose Serrano @ Humphreys Backstage Lounge Brunch (10 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
- T Fox Birthday Celebration @ Humphreys Backstage Lounge
- The Playlist, with DJ Godstopper, Legacy Pack, Pain Stu, J Dub, Young Cruz, Aims, Jamal Myxz, Cain Dubb, Problemz, MzChief, AR @ Kava Lounge
- Steve Lawler, Darius Syrossian @ Voyeur
- Butch Hancock @ Acoustic Music San Diego
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events, and general musings about life in San Diego onSan Diego: Dialed In. She does social media for the Casbah, books at West Coast Tavern West Coast Tavern, and is trying her hand at band management. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.