Remember how I told you that this was going to be a really busy week? Well, this Thursday is one of those nights where you're going to have to draw straws to decide where to be because there is so much good stuff happening all over town.
I would like to give shout outs to CityBeat and the House of Blues. Every year, CityBeat publishes their Local Music Issue and celebrates with a party of all local acts which will take place this Thursday at the Griffin. Down at the House of Blues, our friends are celebrating 20 years in San Diego with a sold-out Flogging Molly show. You might find yourself spread a little thin, but as we always say, that isn't really a bad problem to have and it demonstrates the musically rich city that we all get to call home.
Hey Marseilles show was cancelled on Thursday night -- Ed.
Thursday, March 7:
- CityBeat Local Music Release Party featuring the Palace Ballroom, Wild Wild Wets, the Schitzophonics, Teenage Burritos @ The Griffin
- Soda Bar & Casbah present Hey Marseilles, Deep Sea Diver, A Mayfield Affair @ Soda Bar CANCELLED
- Soda Bar presents the Spits, Mrs. Magician, San Pedro El Cortez @ Che Cafe
- Earthless, Zig Zags, Tar Halos, Harsh Toke @ Casbah
- Toad the Wet Sprocket, Jessie Payo @ Belly Up
- HoB 20th Anniversary presents Flogging Molly, Donots @ House of Blues
- Oh & the Whats, Boats, Matt Curreri @ Tin Can
- Wax Idols, TBA @ The Void
- Brett Vogel, Matthew Frantz @ Lestat's
- Vince Staples, Chazz, ET & Jona @ Porter's Pub
- The Ghost Inside, Stick to Your Guns, Stray from the Path, Rotting Out @ Soma
- In The Cut featuring Unite, J-Blow @ El Dorado
- Moonlight Serenade Orchestra @ The Lucky Star Restaurant (54th & University)
- Revenge Club, Oddball, Some Kind of Nightmare, Cadstoff @ Ruby Room
- Fruition String Band @ Winston's
- EDM with AC Slater @ Fluxx
- Gilbert Castellanos & the New Latin Jazz Quintet @ Croce's
- Joe Garrison and the Night People @ 98 Bottles
- Comedy Night @ Seven Grand
- Kill Quanti presents Jonwayne, Zeroh @ Kava Lounge
- Blue Sound @ Humphreys Backstage Live
- Kayla Hope @ Tiki House
- Too Rude for Sunday @ Coyote Bar & Grill
- Loose Nutts @ Boar Cross'n
- Live Band Karaoke @ 710 Beach Club
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.