Dave Hause heads to the Casbah Sunday night.
If you're a fan of bands like Hot Water Music or Chuck Ragan, or if you've been to any of the Revival Tours, you should certainly be familiar with Dave Hause by now. I've never found a proper way to describe the sound. Alt-country doesn't quite cut it, and country rock seems too broad, so I tend to just let you fill in the blanks and suggest that if you enjoy singer/songwriters who go beyond just sad little love songs and you'd rather see such performers as you toss back a beer or whiskey instead of a latte, Dave Hause might just be what you're looking for this Sunday night. He takes the stage at the Casbah with Northcote opening the show.
Sunday, March 2:
- Dave Hause, Northcote @ Casbah
- BACCHUS Night Block Party Featuring: Theo and the Zydeco Patrol @ Bar Pink| Euphoria Brass Band @ Urban Solace| Billy Lee & the Swamp Critters @ True North Tavern (One ticket for all three shows. Click here for information.)
- The Wailers, British Dependency, DJ Carlos Culture @ Belly Up
- The Big Decisions, Jon Ji @ Sycamore Den
- Jagged Lines, the Night Owl Massacre, Robin Hill @ Winston's (4:00)
- Dexter Gordon, Gerard Nolan, Rob Thorsen, John Opferkuch, Duncan Moore @ Dizzys
- Dnoir, Yung Bros, Ninja, LowKeyTanner, Casper, the Miltons, Caffiene, Brutacion, Riboflavin @ Epicentre
- Unconditional Arms, Crisis Arm, the Plurals, the Telephone Projects, Hug Octopus @ Che Cafe
- Common Kings, Tribal Theory, Rian Basillo and the Roosters @ House of Blues
- Aubrey Fey, Will Donate @ Humphrey's Backstage
- DJ Artistic and Dale The Dred @ U31
- Club '80s @ Ken Club
- Jose Sinatra hosts O.B.-o-ke (10:00) @ Winston's
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.