Courtesy Roadrunner Records
This week, why not make your Tuesday a bit more gritty than usual? The Parlor Mob are in town from Asbury Park, N.J., and though they claim no scene or genre, their dirty rock sounds are definitely an ode to the place where they were all raised. Like many bands, they had visions of reaching the masses and were signed to Capitol, only to be dropped during label mergers and consolidation. You've heard this story before, but the Parlor Mob have dusted themselves off and, after releasing their second album, Dogs, in late 2011, the band is more unified than ever. Check them out tonight at the Griffin.
Tuesday March 13:
- The Parlor Mob, Hollywood Kills @ The Griffin
- The Paragraphs, Heavy Glow, Trouble in the Wind @ Belly Up
- Bangladesh, Ape Machine, Warring States of Mind @ Soda Bar
- The Pettybreakers, Socially Distorted, Wicked Gardens, Blasphemous Guitars @ Casbah
- Drea Marilyn, Gypsy/Wolfe, Planewreck, Lia @ Tin Can
- Julia Massey & the Five Finger Discount, Jesus Rehab, 2 Bit Radio @ Brick By Brick
- Local Brews Local Grooves featuring Roxy King, Lyndon Pugeda Slicks, Chris Carpenter, LoveMason, Soul Ablaxe @ House of Blues Voodoo Stage
- Bela Fleck & the Flecktones @ Anthology 7:30 p.m. (sold out) & 9:30 p.m.
- Tiki Tuesday with Old Man Johnson @ Bar Pink
- Westside Inflection @ Riviera Supper Club 7 p.m.
- Darkwave Garden @ Club Kadan
- Tori Roze presents Ruby Tuesday with Charbra, Jared + Israel + Don L., Saba @ Ruby Room
- Charles Burton @ Humphreys Backstage Live
- Train of Thought @ Queen Bee's
- Comedy Night @ Lestat's
- The True Spokes, Current Swell @ Winston's
- Trent Hancock @ Tiki House
- Tomcat Courtney @ La Gran Tapa
- Open Mike with Walter Gentry @ Patrick's Gaslamp Pub
- Comedy Night @ Til-Two Club
- Tommy Price & The Stilettos @ Henry's Pub
- Doug Allen @ The Kraken
- Karaoke @ Kensington Club
- Missy Andersen @ Jimmy Love's
- Friends Chill @ Whistle Stop
- Valerie Pierce, Smokestaxx @ Jimmy Love's
- Gene Warren @ McP's Irish Pub
- Gio Trio + 1 @ Croce's
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.