Courtesy Sacks & Co
Head over to the Casbah to find out why the internet is buzzing about L.A.'s PAPA.
Going back to a typical Monday is actually a relief after all the Comic-Con activity last week. The Tin Can Country Club hosts Danica Molenaar, while Soda Bar welcomes Chamber Band, along with Marco Polo and the Satanic Puppeteer Orchestra. The internet is buzzing about L.A.'s PAPA, who will headline Anti-Monday League at the Casbah. They are "the brainchild of multi-instrumentalist and vocalist Darren Weissand co-songwriter and bassist Danny Presant" and have been drawing comparisons as wide reaching as Interpol and Bruce Springsteen.
Monday July 22:
- PAPA, Wardell @ Casbah
- Chamber Band, Marco Polo, Satanic Puppeteer Orchestra @ Soda Bar
- The Tin Can Country Club featuring Danica Molenaar @ Tin Can Ale House
- Los Headaches, Joe Volume, TBA @ the Void
- Dave Scott & Monsoon Jazz @ Croce's
- Bill Magee @ Humphreys Backstage Live
- Modern Day Moonshine @ House of Blues Voodoo Stage
- Karaoke @ Til-Two Club
- Electric Waste Band @ Winston's
- Jane Watts @ Spreckels Organ Pavilion (7:30 p.m.)
- Doug Woolsy @ Tiki House
- Karaoke @ Coyote Bar & Grill
- Gene Smith @ McP's Irish Pub
- WG & The G-Men @ Patrick's Gaslamp Pub
- Monday Night Jams @ 710 Beach Club
- Doug Allen @ the Kraken
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.