Kick-start your Fourth of July weekend with 91X Loudspeaker LIVE featuring locals Chess Wars.
Look forward to this short week because the music scene is right at your fingertips, plus you can enjoy yourself that much more since your boss has probably mentally checked out from work. If you can scoot out of work early, do it and catch Filter at an in-store performance at M-Theory at 2 p.m. Later, catch a nostalgic night of '90s alt-radio, with the Summerland Tour with Everclear, Live and Sponge at Humphreys. Of course, got to mention the sold-out acoustic Anberlin performance at the Casbah and the also sold-out Marley brothers at the Belly Up. Still, my money is on local band Chess Wars, who have been taking the city by storm thanks to the velvety vocals of Dustin Lothspeich of Old Tiger and the amazing stylings of Jake Najor on the kit. It's a solid Tuesday of music, so no need to wait for the extended weekend to get out and have some fun.
Tuesday, July 2:
- Filter @ M-Theory in-store (free, 2 p.m.)
- Anberlin, Stars in Stereo, Campfire OK @ Casbah (sold out)
- Summerland Tour 2013: Alternative Guitars, with Everclear, Live, Filter, Sponge @ Humphreys Concerts By the Bay
- Ark Life, Rebecca Marie Miller, the Midnight Pine @ Soda Bar
- 91X Loudspeaker LIVE presents Chess Wars, Mrs. Henry, Octa#grape, Neighbors to the North @ The Griffin
- Damian Jr. Gong Marley and Stephen "Ragga" Marley, featuring the Ghetto Youths Crew @ Belly Up (sold out)
- St. Cloud Sleepers, Sun Bones, Hello Penelope @ Tin Can Ale House
- La Luz @ the Void
- Adam Lambert @ San Diego County Fair Grandstand Stage
- Pink Floyd Laser Spectacular @ San Diego County Fair Paddock Stage
- DJ Will Z @ San Diego County Fair Rock On Stage
- The Groove Factory @ Humphreys Backstage Live
- Steph Johnson @ Croce's
- Mariachi Chula Vista @ Spreckels Organ Pavilion (6 p.m.)
- Train of Thought @ Queen Bee's
- Tomcat Courtney @ La Gran Tapa
- Doug Allen @ the Kraken
- Sweet Dreams @ Tiki House
- Walter's Chicken Jam @ Patrick's Gaslamp Pub
- 710 Bass Club @ 710 Beach Club
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.