As Death Cab For Cutie sing, "So this is the New Year and I don't feel any different." The date might be confusing to write for some time, but the fact is that the world keeps on turning. Touring bands will start picking up again after the holidays, and local venues will still keep pumping out opportunities for you to see live music.
Tonight you can catch Miss Erika Davies at Riviera Supper Club in a casual grill-your-own steak environment, or you can check out Stevie and the Hi-Stax over at Bar Pink. The band shares members with the Styletones and are also fronted by Steve Harris but with a slightly different sound and feel. I guarantee it will still be a dance party, so check out this new iteration, and rock your socks off to get over the Monday blues.
Monday, January 3:
- Stevie and the Hi-Stax @ Bar Pink
- Miss Erika Davies @ Riviera Supper Club
- The Last Years, Shiva Trash, Coastal Gris, Electric Healing Sound @ Soda Bar
- Chet Cannon's Blue Monday Blues Party @ Humphrey's Backstage Live
- Lofty Mondays @ The Loft
- Three Chord Justice @ Bar Leucadian
- Pop Culture Trivia Night @ Whistle Stop
- Open Mic @ Lestat's
- Club MAW @ Henry's Pub
- Doug Allen, Suzy Bongo @ The Kraken
- Jeff Moore and the Witchdoctors @ Patrick's II
- Electric Waste Band @ Winston's
- The Get Down @ Club Kadan
- Dave Scott @ Croce's
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events, and sometimes whatever creeps into her head on her music blog San Diego: Dialed In. Check it for even more listings. She also provides social media content for the Casbah. Follow her updates at twitter.com/sddialedin or submit your music listings.