It's been a chilly and wet weekend in San Diego, but that doesn't mean that it hasn't been packed with great music, and on Sunday, it just keeps coming. Adam Green comes back to town with a special show at the Griffin, while Ben Folds Five return to the House of Blues, but probably without the Fraggle Rock entourage. At Soda Bar, you can catch Ken Stringfellow of the Posies, and for the all-ages set, you can see him for free in the afternoon at M-Theory. My bets, however, are on Cody ChesnuTT at the Casbah. The soulful singer and guitarist will certainly get the ladies groovin' and the boys movin' with openers Stevie & the Hi-Stax. There are plenty of great options to keep your mind off the Monday morning blues, so get out there and soak it in.
Sunday, Jan. 27:
- Cody ChesnuTT, Stevie & the Hi-Stax, DJ Claire @ Casbah
- Ken Stringfellow @ M-Theory In-Store (5 p.m.)
- FM 94/9 presents Ben Folds Five with Nataly Dawn @ House of Blues
- Bring on the Bright Lights presents Adam Green, Binki Shapiro, JJAMZ, Clockart @ The Griffin
- Casbah presents Ken Stringfellow, the Maldives, Rookie Card @ Soda Bar
- Classics 4 Kids presents Mariachi Mania @ Balboa Theatre
- Happy Endings, featuring DJS Joemama and Tramlife @ Bar Pink
- An Evening with Jorma Kaukonen of Hot Tuna @ Belly Up
- Uli Jon Roth, Points North, Phantom Cargo, John Huldt @ Brick By Brick
- Dizzy's presents Tim McMahon, Anthony Smith, Pat Burke, Peter Sprague, Rob Thorsen, Duncan Moore @ San Diego Jet Skit Rentals
- Jose Serrano, Jesse Davis @ Humphreys Backstage
- Robin Henkel Band @ Lestats
- Maniacal Laugh, Dexter Riley Experiment, Amigo, Pleasure Fix @ Ruby Room
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.