The Silent Comedy return to the Casbah for their second straight night, with Family Wagon and Robert Jon and the Wreck in tow.
Many people are enjoying a three day weekend to celebrate Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. If you're one of those lucky people, get down to Balboa Park for the annual celebration at the World Beat Center with Jamaican reggae artist Earl Zero along with local acts. By night, the Casbah continues the month with the second night of the Silent Comedy. If you didn't snag a ticket or are just looking for something a little harder, Soda Bar hosts Weedeater and Archons among other doom and metal acts (read our Weedeater show preview here).
Monday, January 20:
- Martin Luther King Day 25th Annual Celebration feat. Earl Zero, Arise Roots, Quinto Sol, Hirie, J.A.M. Kwest @ World Beat Center (1 p.m., Free)
- The Silent Comedy, Family Wagon, Robert Jon and the Wreck @ Casbah
- Weedeater, Black Cobra, Archons, Eukaryst @ Soda Bar
- Monday Night Mass with the Husky Boy All-Stars @ Bar Pink
- The Flatliners, Sic Waiting, War Called Home, Loose Nutts @ Til Two Club
- The Tin Can Country Club Showcase feat. Gary Hankins @ Tin Can
- FishFonics @ U-31
- Stephen Steinbrink, Bear Creek, Sam Winsow @ Che Cafe
- Chet Cannon @ Humphrey's Backstage Live
- Open Mic hosted by Chad Taggert @ Lestat's
- Electric Waste Band @ Winston's
- Kinetic Soul with Antonio Aguilera, Joey Jimenez, Jonny Tarr @ Henry's Pub
- Trivia Night @ Whistle Stop
- Karaoke @ Coyote Bar & Grill
- Doug Allen @ the Kraken
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.