This was a killer weekend of music in San Diego, but it's Monday now, and everyone needs to get their fill -- fortunately, tonight you've still got some great options. Local legend Gregory Page performs to the dinner crowd at Croce's Park West, while Swim Team continues their Monday residency at Soda Bar. Casbah hosts local EDM/blues outfit Digital Lizards of Doom, and just down the street our recommendation of the night is California X from Massachusetts. The band is gritty and sunny at the same time, drawing comparisons to early Weezer (but I hear closer ties to Manchester Orchestra). Either way, they're good, and this will be a cool show in a small bar, perfectly suited for you to decide for yourself.
Monday, Jan. 12:
- California X and guests @ The Hideout
- Digital Lizards of Doom, Bakkuda, Bang Pow, DJ Mancat @ Casbah
- Swim Team, Evan Voytas, Joyce @ Soda Bar
- DJ @Large @ Bar Pink
- Velvet Cafe @ Alexander's (30th & Upas)
- Gregory Page @ Croce's Park West
- Metal Mondays @ Brick by Brick
- Michele Lundeen @ Humphrey's Backstage Live
- Wheels of the Industry @ Live Wire
- Electric Waste Band @ Winston's
- Industry Intermission @ The Office
- Acoustic Night/Industry Night @ Henry's Pub
- Industry Night with Lee Churchill @ U-31
Rosemary Bystrak is the publicist for the Casbah and The North Park Theatre, and writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.