I hope you saved a little somethin' something' for your Sunday night, because New Orleans' Queen of Bounce is returning to San Diego. Big Freedia has been to town a handful of times now, and her shows are a spectacle in the most awesome way, as the gospel of Bounce spreads. With locals Keith Sweaty opening and DJ Claire on the decks, this is going to be a really fun night to let loose and live a little.
Sunday, Feb. 10:
- Big Freedia, Keith Sweaty, DJ Claire @ The Casbah
- Euphoria Brass Band and David Mosby @ House of Blues
- Pagan Funeral, Lenore, Gloomsday @ The Tower Bar
- d, Roxy Moonslinger, Vignette @ The Griffin
- Buffalo Tooth, the Natives, Harsh Toke @ Soda Bar
- Happy Endings, featuring DJs JoeMama and Tramlife @ Bar Pink
- Brad Steinwehe Jazz Orchestra @ Belly Up
- Tony Suraci @ Belly Up
- The Hips @ Gallaghers
- Exquisite Corps, Wes Speight @ Lestats
- The Toasters, Mrs. Skannotto, 2000 tons of TNT, So Far Gone, the Combos @ Soma
- Jose Sinatra @ Winstons
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.