Get your swing on on Sunday night when the Cherry Poppin' Daddies swing into Anthology after the Super Bowl.
There's a little event happening today that appears to result in more businesses being closed than Christmas. There aren't many shows tonight, but I think the Cherry Poppin' Daddies down at Anthology
sounds like a fun show, allowing you to swing dance away those light beer calories after the big game. Soda Bar and the Ruby Room have live music, too. I'd tell you to skip the game and explore Balboa Park while it is empty, but you can't mess with a national obsession.
Sunday, Feb. 5:
- Cherry Popppin' Daddies @ Anthology (after the Super Bowl, 8 p.m.)
- Planetoid, Problem With Dragons, Bantam Feather, Dagnir @ Soda Bar
- Super Bowl Party at 2:00pm. After party with Shrewd Lucy, Trusting Havoc, Undead Garden @ Ruby Room (free before 2 p.m., $5 after 7 p.m.)
- 100.7 Jack FM Big Game Party @ House of Blues (free, all ages, 2-7 p.m.)
- Jose Sinatra's OB-O-ke @ Winston's
- Tribe of Kings/Reggae Vibes @ U-31
- Jason Brown @ Humphreys Backstage Lounge Brunch (10 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
- Stelita @ Humphreys Backstage Lounge (8 p.m.)
- Reggae Sundays @ Spin
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.