Vito Di Stefano
Black Hondo performed recently at the World Cup sailing event by the bay.
Who says that just because it's December you can't have a block party with live music? The SoNo Fest (that's South Park/North Park for the uninitiated) and Chilipalooza returns to help raise money for the McKinley School. Buy a handcrafted bowl for $15, then try the competing chili from local restaurants like Urban Solace and the Linkery. When the sun goes down, head over to the Casbah for girl rockers Girl in a Coma. Locals Black Hondo perform at both the SoNo Fest and the Casbah.
Sunday, Dec. 4:
- SoNo Fest/ChiliPalooza, featuring El Monte Slim, Corina Rose, Adams and Eves, Patrick Hadley, Black Hondo, Shawn Rolph & the Buskers, Galaxy @ San Diego Ceramic Connection and between Bancroft & 32nd
- Girl in a Coma, Black Hondo, Jesse Nova and the County @ Casbah
- King Dude, Jacob Turnbloom (of Mrs. Magician), Dark Thirty @ Soda Bar
- Los Lobos, with Mariachi Garibaldi @ Belly Up
- Mystery Cave, Teenage Sweater, All Your Sisterz, Kynan @ Tin Can
- Niles Reeser Benefit Show, hosted by Laura Jane with Vinnie Ferra, Tori Rogg, the San Diego Kings Club, Pink Boombox Burlesque @ Ruby Room
- Blue Christmas Holiday Fundraiser and Promenade @ Bar Pink
- Karaoke with Scotty Pants @ Eleven
- The Robin Henkel Band @ Lestat's
- listenlocalsd.com presents Acoustic Alliance @ Brick By Brick
- Jose Sinatra's OB-O-ke @ Winston's
- Tribe of Kings/Reggae Vibes @ U-31
- Sophie Millman @ Anthology
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.