During the holiday season, the Casbah has been chalk full of great shows, offering several for free. Christmas Eve's "Exile on Kettner Boulevard" was very well attended with a line out the door (for capacity issues) for much of the night. Tonight the Casbah is offering up the monthly free show presented by Tim Pyles. He'll be broadcasting his shows on FM 94/9 from the back bar and there will be free food from Gaglione Brothers. The night has four great local bands and it's an early show, so if you have to get to work on Monday, you can still enjoy a few hours out on the scene.
Sunday, December 26:
- FM 94/9 & The Local Pyle present Lyon Crowns, The Loons, The Kabbs, Kera & The Lesbians @ Casbah (Free show, Doors at 7pm, Free food from Gaglione Brothers, Live broadcast)
- Daft Punk'd Laser Show, Gabe Vega, ManCat, Flying Laura, DJ Amiks @ Belly Up
- Night of the Cookers @ Whistle Stop
- A homecoming concert for NYC bassist Danny Weller, with Joshua White piano, Jeff Miles guitar, Jason Robinson saxophones, & Duncan Moore drums @ Dizzy's (Culy Warehouse, 338 7th Avenue, Downtown)
- The Cactus Jacks @ Winston's (6-9pm)
- Folding Mr. Lincoln, The Comforters @ Lestat's
- Bohemian Rhapsody- Open Mic Rap @ Kadan
- Jose Sinatra's OB-O-ke @ Winston's
- Karaoke with Daryl Johnson @ Soda Bar
- Tribe of Kings/Reggae Vibes @ U-31
- Jose Serrano @ Humphrey's Backstage Lounge Brunch (10a-2p)
- Fattburger @ Humphrey's Backstage Lounge
- Reggae Xmas @ Spin
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events, and sometimes whatever creeps into her head on her music blog San Diego: Dialed In. Check it for even more listings. She also provides social media content for the Casbah. Follow her updates at twitter.com/sddialedin or submit your music listings.