Vito Di Stefano
Colin Clyne took home the award for Best Acoustic -- throwing out a generous thank-you for Josh Damigo while he was at it.
I love December! San Diego gets so festive with December Nights at Balboa Park, holiday parades and holiday concerts hosted by local radio stations. In that spirit, I put together an acoustic show at a brand spankin' new venue in North Park called the Irenic, a word that means "aimed at peace." This will be the first time that Colin Clyne, who took the 2011 San Diego Music Award for Best Acoustic, will share the stage with Josh Damigo, who took the same award in 2010. The event is open to all ages, and kids 12 and under are free with paid adult admission.
Friday, Dec. 2:
- Colin Clyne, Josh Damigo, Saba @ The Irenic (3090 Polk, North Park, 7 p.m., all ages)
- Black Heart Procession, Chelsea Wolfe, Ana @ Casbah
- Happy Hour with Pete Johnson and Jus' Blues Baby @ Belly Up
- The Deep Dark Woods, the Howls, Jesse LaMonaca and the Dime Novels @ Soda Bar -- read Nada Alic's preview
- First Friday with DJ Artistic @ Bar Pink
- Hot Mustard, House of Hands, Kenseth and Brandon, East of Sweden @ Tin Can
- DJ Stack-Aly and Juliancito @ Til Two Club
- In Every Breath, Anita, Silence Betrayed, Moosejaw @ Ruby Room
- Hocus, the Seks, Cruz Fernando @ Eleven
- DJ Steven Flex, DJ Kid Riz, DJ Ruthless, art by the Roots Factory, Mike Limestro, Briskone @ The Griffin
- Feel the Noise Electro Dance, with DJs Gabe Vega & Friends @ U-31
- AJ Raphael, Jane Lui, Jesse Barrera @ Lestat's
- Stealing the Mona Lisa, Hawke Auburn, Russ Pennavaria, Bullseye Theory, Mayfield, Blue Still and guests @ Brick By Brick
- Tribute Night, featuring Hey Ho! Let’s Go!, Socially Distorted, the Alice Cooper Gang @ Winston's
- Oh Guardian, To Each His Own, Lion I Am, Aechoes, Authors of the Forgotten, Mortify Your Enemies @ Soma
- Death on Wednesday @ Flying Elephant
- The Springsteen Experience, Badd Co. @ 4th & B
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.