Shawn Colvin performs during the MusiCares 2001 Person of the Year Tribute Dinner to honor Paul Simon at the Century Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles in 2001.
If you've never seen Shawn Colvin, I would highly recommend heading to the Belly Up for tonight's show. Currently in the running for a Grammy for Best Contemporary Folk Album for Live, Colvin already has three Grammys under her belt, along with seven additional nominations. Though "Sunny Came Home" won two of her Grammys, I've always been partial to her other Grammy winning record, Steady On, for the song "Shotgun Down the Avalanche." If you're new to her music, she's an incredible live performer, and with a seated show tonight, she's certainly going to provide a beautiful evening of music. Josh Damigo will open the night.
Sunday, December 18:
- Shawn Colvin, Josh Damigo @ Belly Up
- Ziggy Shuffledust & the Spiders From Mars, Jane's Diction @ Casbah
- The Spring Standards, Mayfield, the County Fair, Midnight Parade @ Soda Bar
- DRI, Tim Raldo & the Filthy F--s, Systematic Abuse, Holy Tyrant @ Ruby Room
- The D.A., Tapioca & the Flee, Privet, Strange Birds @ Tin Can
- Mario Orduno’s Xmas Party @ The Whistle Stop
- Random Radio @ The Tipsy Crow
- Elephant Project, Kice, Sounddrug @ Lestat's
- Run With the Hunted, Silver Snakes, Honest Abe, xDays of Strugglex, Plagues @ Che Cafe
- Jose Sinatra's OB-O-ke @ Winston's
- Tribe of Kings/Reggae Vibes @ U-31
- Stelita @ Humphreys Backstage Lounge Brunch (10 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
- Reggie Smith @ Humphreys Backstage Lounge (8 p.m.)
- The Klezmatics @ Anthology (8 p.m.)
- Reggae Sundays @ Spin
- EDM with Ferry Corsten @ Fluxx
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.