Los Lobos, seen here performing at Anthology, will be at the Belly Up on Sunday.
Fleet Foxes have had a couple really big years as a band, but several members have also seen a level of success with side-projects. On Sunday, one of those side-projects, Poor Moon, performs at the Casbah. This is going to be a pretty great show with solid openers, so I would suggest heading to Middletown tonight, but if you're looking for something different, head to House of Blues for Boys Noize. Though they are known primarily as DJs, on Sunday you can see them perform their music live. Up at the Belly Up, Los Lobos return with their Mexican influenced bluesy rock.
Sunday, December 16:
- Poor Moon, Pure Bathing Culture, the Kabbs @ Casbah
- HARD Presents Boys Noize Live Out of the Black Tour, with Stir Crazy, Strip Steve @ House of Blues
- Los Lobos, with Mariachi Garibaldi @ Belly Up
- Band Together Book Release Party, with Toothless George, DPI, Behind the Wagon, Castoff @ Ruby Room
- Oak Street Boys, Modern Heist @ Eleven
- Slower Sundays @ 710 Beach Club
- Anthology House Band @ Anthology
- DJs JoeMama & Tramlife @ Bar Pink
- Don Dokken/Bullet Boys/Jester Fate/ Anonymous @ Brick By Brick
- Jesse Davis: Smooth Jazz Brunch @ Humphreys Backstage (10 a.m.)
- Reggie Smith @ Humphrey’s Backstage
- The Robin Henkel Band @ Lestat’s
- Tommy Castro & the Painkillers, Daytona & the BlueSide Rockers, Blues Specters @ Ramona Mainstage
- Holy Fever, Oddball, One I Red @ Soda Bar
- NSD presents Electric Lucie, Koru, Vibe, Champagne Leader, Color You, Revecca Leigh @ Griffin
- LaMonte Demille & the Key of “C” Chicago Style Blues Band @ Winston’s (5 p.m.)
- Jose Sinatra hosts O.B.-oke @ Winston’s
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.