As we close in on the holidays, this is just about the time in December that you'd expect everything to start slowing down. But you really wouldn't know that Christmas is just around the corner if you looked at Monday's listings. Snoop Dogg is playing the Belly Up, kicking off a two-night stand, and Kinky Friedman precedes him with an early show at the same venue.
The Casbah presents three shows to keep you on the move. Starting at the Irenic, you can catch the Mountain Goats with an early all-ages show, then move on to Soda Bar to catch Horse Feathers or to the Casbah to see the band that Tim Pyles calls the best rock & roll band on the planet, the Supersuckers.
This is definitely not a boring Monday night, so while your TV shows kick into repeats, there's nothing repetitive about live music, and you'd be doing yourself a favor to get out and enjoy the night.
Monday, Dec. 10:
- Anti-Monday League presents Supersuckers, Fink Bombs @ Casbah
- Casbah presents the Mountain Goats, Matthewe E. White @ The Irenic
- Casbah presents Horse Feathers, Frank Fairfield @ Soda Bar
- Soda Bar & Eleven present the Babies, Wet Illustrated, Painted Mirror @ Eleven
- Kinky Friedman, Mojo Nixon @ Belly Up (7 p.m.)
- Snoop Dogg, Pac Div, DJ Artistic @ Belly Up (11 p.m.)
- The Tin Can Country Club featuring Trev @ Tin Can
- Soul Jazz Jam with the Soul Fires @ Bar Pink
- Generifus, George Pritzker, the Gift Machine, Carlz Barkley @ Che Cafe
- Dirty Mondays with DJ Gabe Vega @ The Saloon (Encinitas)
- Media Control, High Anxiety, Pigs @ Tower Bar
- Open Mic @ Lestat's
- Dave Scott & Monsoon Jazz @ Croce's
- Major Interval @ Humphreys Backstage Live
- Sweet Dreams @ Tiki House
- Deejha & Walter's Jazz Jam @ Patrick's Gaslamp Pub
- Aaron Durr @ Jimmy Love's
- Electric Waste Band @ Winston's
- Karaoke @ Til-Two Club
- Dub Dynamite @ The Office
- Karaoke @ Coyote Bar & Grill
- Doug Allen @ The Kraken
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.