Rufus Wainwright plays a sold-out show at the Belly Up tonight.
Brace yourselves, because December is already here! I don't know where the year has gone, but I do know that the music always gets us through the good and the bad. Heating things up at the Belly Up, Rufus Wainwright will perform to a sold-out crowd after the release of his seventh studio album, the Casbah hosts Capsula all the way from Argentina, locals Neighbors To The North headline at Soda Bar, and even Bar Pink has a show tonight with City Mouse and Floor Notes. Whatever you choose, there's plenty to get excited about to usher in the final month of 2013.
Sunday, December 1, 2013:
- SoNo Park Holiday Fest & Chili Palooza @ 32nd & Thorn
- An Evening With Rufus Wainwright @ Belly Up (SOLD OUT)
- The Brothers Grim, Deadly Birds, Low Volts, Brothers Gow @ U31
- Capsula, the Wooly Bandits, Zero Zero @ Casbah
- Neighbors to the North, Muscle Beech, Cut @ Soda Bar
- Poontang Clam, Batlords (Covering The Spits), DJ Matt Parker @ Til-Two Club
- City Mouse, Floor Notes @ Bar Pink
- Fat Tour 2013 feat. Less Than Jake, Anti-Flag, Masked Intruder, Get Dead @ House of Blues
- Almost Famous Karaoke @ Henry's
- Lust For Youth, Hive Mind, Sunwheel @ the Void
- CD Release Event for jazz bassist Justin Grinnell’s debut CD featuring Josh Nelson piano, Dan Schnelle drums, & Robby Marshall woodwinds @ Dizzy's
- Legacy Pack, Destructo Bunny, DJ Chelu @ Gallagher's
- Jose Sinatra Ob-O-Ke @ Winston's
- Robin Henkel @ Humphrey's Backstage Lounge (10am-2pm)
- Bayou Brothers @ Humphrey's Backstage Lounge (7pm)
- Football Bingo/Game Night @ 710 Beach Club
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.