The Melvins do it again at the Casbah on Monday.
Sometimes I feel a little pitter-patter in my heart when a show like the Melvins sells out at the Casbah, which is small in scale compared to the House of Blues or the Belly Up. If you think about it, the band's management could've angled for a higher capacity venue to sell more tickets, but in my humble opinion, the Melvins return to the Casbah year after year for comfort, for a sell out, and to rock out in a way that they can't in any other venue in the country. The first time I had a conversation with Buzz, I was shaking, hoping he was happy to be in San Diego and ready to come back, and evidence from tours shows is that they do love it here. If you didn't grab tickets for it, have faith that the Melvins will continue to return to the Casbah annually. And next time, don't wait.
Monday August 26:
- Anti-Monday League presents the Melvins, Honky @ Casbah (sold-out)
- The Electric Sons, Elephant King, Cult Vegas @ Soda Bar
- Gravity A @ the Griffin
- Heart, Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience @ SDSU Open Air Theatre
- Friends Sharing Beats, Recycled Dolphin, the Sound Grove, Inspired & the Sleep @ the Void
- Tin Can Country Club @ Tin Can Ale House
- Dave Scott & Monsoon Jazz @ Croce's
- Cadillac Wreckers @ Humphreys Backstage Live
- Modern Day Moonshine @ House of Blues Voodoo Stage
- Electric Waste Band @ Winstons
- Carol Williams: Blues & Bells @ Spreckels Organ Pavilion (7:30 p.m.)
- Gene Warren @ McP's Irish Pub
- WG & the G-Men @ Patrick's Gaslamp Pub
- Monday Night Jams @ 710 Beach Club
- Doug Allen @ the Kraken
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.