Anti-Monday League goes hardcore with the Marsupials at the Casbah.
Anti-Monday League will be a face melter type of night, which is a nice change of pace for my usual recommendations. It features the Night Owl Massacre who are relatively new to the scene; Lord Howler are vets but play only a handful of times a year. And Marsupials always blow up the stage in ways that remind me of my hardcore days back in high school. If your ears need a softer nuance, check out the Tin Can Country Club with Anna Levitt. Also, a group of local performers will assemble at the Old Globe for a Jeff Buckle tribute. Ape Machine rocks out at Soda Bar, and Aussie synth-pop outfit Strange Talk performs at the Griffin.
Monday August 19:
- Anti-Monday League presents Marsupials, Lord Howler, the Night Owl Massacre @ Casbah
- Ape Machine, Style Like Revelators, Roxy Jones @ Soda Bar
- Strange Talk, Bulletproof Tiger, Vibes @ the Griffin
- Jeff Buckley Tribute Concert featuring Veronica May, Pete Thurston, Israel Maldonado and Fernando Apodaca with Todd Hannigan, Jeff Berkley, Steve Harris, Eve Selis, Gayle Skidmore, the Midnight Pine, Superunloader @ Lowell Davies Festival Theatre
- The Tin Can Country Club featuring Anna Levitt @ Tin Can Ale House
- Meraki, Crooks, Nostalgic People, Proud Moon, the Yuth @ Ché Café
- Dave Scott & Monsoon Jazz @ Croce's
- Michele Lundeen @ Humphreys Backstage Live
- Monday Night Mass with the Husky Boy All-Stars @ Bar Pink
- Modern Day Moonshine @ House of Blues Voodoo Stage
- Electric Waste Band @ Winstons
- Silent Movie Night with Dennis James @ Spreckels Organ Pavilion (7:30 p.m.)
- Trivia Quiz Night @ Whistle Stop
- Rick Remender @ McP's Irish Pub
- WG & the G-Men @ Patrick's Gaslamp Pub
- Monday Night Jams @ 710 Beach Club
- Doug Allen @ the Kraken
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.