Surf-rock king Dick Dale (left) will perform at the Belly Up on Aug. 19.
Compared to a typical night in San Diego, Sunday doesn't have a lot of choices, but you only need one for a good time, right? Up at the Belly Up, you can catch the legendary surf-rock king Dick Dale, joined by local jazz-rock maestros Mattson 2. At Lestat's, you can catch better-than-most singer/songwriter Noah Gunderson, or head over to Soda Bar for WL, featuring a member of Blouse as they wrap up their tour in San Diego with locals Mad Kiwi and DJ Mario Orduno. Lastly, Hank 3 performs at the House of Blues, which will certainly keep security on their toes but will be a great show if you dare.
Sunday, Aug. 19:
- Dick Dale, Mattson 2 @ Belly Up
- Noah Gunderson @ Lestat's
- WL, Mad Kiwi, DJ Mario Orduno @Soda Bar
- Hank 3 @ House of Blues (7 p.m.)
- Manifolds, the Anomaly, Heart of the Hero @ Eleven
- Pants Karaoke @ Eleven
- The Hula Guns, Hectors Revenge, Hargo, Day of Champions, Kitty Plague @ The Griffin
- Tommy Price & the Stilettos @ House of Blues (5 p.m.)
- Jose Sinatra hosts O.B.-O-Ke @ Winstons
- SunDaze, featuring Peace Treaty, Chris James, Mak J, John Roman @ Soundwave
- Stelita Smooth Jazz Brunch @ Humphreys Backstage Lounge (10 a.m.)
- Reggie Smith with DJ John Phillips @ Humphreys Backstage Lounge (6 p.m.)
- The Brides of Funkenstein @ Anthology (7 p.m.)
- The Hips @ Gallagher’s
- Besos de Coco @ Dizzy’s (at 98 Bottles)
- Slower @ 710 Beach Club
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.