If one thing has been made abundantly clear about all of us here at SoundDiego, it's that we love our Jack Daniel's and all they do for music in San Diego as our sponsor. On Sunday, our friends are throwing a party on the USS Midway, with live music by Black Joe Lewis & the Honeybears -- from Austin, Texas -- and local favorites the Heavy Guilt. I would love to tell you there is some occasion for the party, but it seems that someone said, "Hey, let's put together a music series across the country where we host live concerts for free on really cool landmarks," and then it was so. Tickets for this event are free, but you had to RSVP. My suspicion is that if you peruse the internet enough, you can find people giving them away for free, including the bands and me ... my email is at the bottom of this post.
Sunday, April 14:
- Jack Daniel's Live at the Landmark, featuring Black Joe Lewis & the Honeybears, the Heavy Guilt @ USS Midway
- Lucero with Langhorne Slim @ Belly Up (sold out)
- Gayle Skidmore, Grant Lee Phillips, Sean Watkins @ Lestat's
- The Funs, the Paper Thins, Sociawki @ Soda Bar
- Afrojazziacs, Surefire Should Ensemble, Stevie & the Hi Stax @ Casbah
- Local Bands, Local Brews @ 710 Beach Club
- The Tonga Ross-Ma'u Quintet, featuring Tonga Ross-Mau, Kamau Kenyatta, Derek Cannon, Antar Martin, Richard Sellers @ Dizzy's
- Chi Club @ Gallagher's
- Jesse Davis (10 a.m.), Caliber (6 p.m.) @ Humphreys Backstage
- Kinetic, Joshua Taylor, Restoration One @ The Ruby Room
- Wobble 2 Year Anniversary, with Rob Garza of Thievery Corporation @ Spin
- The California Honeydrops, the Expanders @ Griffin
- Stone Horse (6 p.m.), Jose Sinatra hosts O.B.-o-ke (10 p.m.) @ Winston's
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.