Cage the Elephant takes a break from the Coachella madness to perform a sold-out show at the Belly Up tonight.
At risk of harping on Coachella, this is what we call between-Coachellas. Now that the famous festival lasts for two weekends, cities in a certain radius benefit from bands needing places to play. There are quite a few of them making rounds in San Diego this week, like the sold-out Cage The Elephant show tonight at Belly Up. Fortunately, San Diego has made a niche for fun times on Monday nights, and by all accounts, Proud Mary was incredible last week at the Casbah and should be even better tonight. Make the rounds with Tin Can Country Club or check out Vertical Scratchers at Soda Bar: Only you can make a choice to love your Monday.
Monday, April 14:
- Casbah presents Cage the Elephant, Juliette Lewis @ Belly Up (Sold Out)
- Proud Mary, Saint Shameless, Vaya Futuro, Ape Machine @ Casbah
- Vertical Scratchers, Octagrape, the Cardielles @ Soda Bar
- The Tin Can Country Club Showcase feat. Gayle Skidmore @ Tin Can
- Monday's No Longer Suck with Josh Damigo and Guests @ Voodoo Stage, House of Blues (Free, All Ages)
- Wreckord Mania with DJs Nate "Macho Man" Bohy, Queen Aida, The Largester @ Bar Pink
- Soul Party with Stevie Harris @ The Hideout
- SiLM, Half Shadow, Space Missionary @ Che Cafe
- Velvet Cafe @ Alexander's (30th & Upas)
- Robin Henkel @ Humphrey's Backstage Live
- Wheels of the Industry @ Live Wire
- Open Mic hosted by Chad Taggert @ Lestat's
- Electric Waste Band @ Winston's
- Dub Dynamite @ The Office
- Kinetic Soul with Antonio Aguilera, Joey Jimenez, Jonny Tarr @ Henry's Pub
- Karaoke @ Til Two Club
- Karaoke @ Coyote Bar & Grill
- Industry Night with Kid Wonder @ U-31
- Trivia Night @ Whistle Stop
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.