Mondays, aka, the seventh best day of the week -- starting today, Eight24.com's Scott McDonald will clear the smoke and make sense of your musical news of the week. Music MonDaze is here to help.
- New album releases from Tinariwen, Band of Horses, Eric Church, Ledisi, and Sun Kil Moon drop Tuesday. Deftones frontman Chino Moreno will bring his dark-pop side-project, Crosses, to the Griffin on Saturday Night. Their self-titled debut is released Tuesday as well.
- The Hallmark holiday is upon us this Friday, and Cibo Matto will be releasing their aptly titled Hotel Valentine to celebrate. It’s the first album for the NY-based Japanese duo in 15 years, and they’ll be playing cuts from it at their sold-out Casbah stop on Feb. 22.
- Procrastinators are also too late for Los Lobos' sold-out 40th anniversary show at the Belly Up on Thursday. If you're still searching for that last-minute romantic gesture, stellar old-timey trio the Devil Makes Three are at the House of Blues on Friday.
- Having parted ways with the Dead Oceans label, the local quartet the Donkeys have signed with Easy Sound Recording Company -- and new music is on the way. You can catch them at Soda Bar on March 7, and we'll keep you posted on the music.
- Fat Tuesday is only three weeks away, so if you’re the Mardi Gras type, take note: Snoop Dogg (performing as Snoopadelic) will be DJing the main stage at San Diego's Gaslamp celebration on March 4. Beware of flying beads in the smoke clouds.
- Lastly, if you've done your burpees and squats, you’re probably aware that the Hard Rock’s Intervention Sundays were named Event or Party of the Year by Nightclub and Bar magazine. Although talent hasn’t been announced for the 2014 series, they'll undoubtedly be trying to win the title for a second year when it begins in April.
Pick of the Week: Los Lobos on Thursday. It’s sold out, so start being nice to your friends who already have tickets.