Boy, have them Frights boys done good.
While we’ve ranted and raved about the San Diego-based surf-punk group for the last few years, we feel like a proud parent right now: On Monday, March 20, the Frights will appear on NBC’s “Last Call With Carson Daly”!
The show, which airs at 1:35 a.m. PST (and you thought SoundDiego TV was on late), will feature the guys performing at their sold-out El Rey Theatre show filmed this past Valentine’s Day up in LA.
While winning various SoundDiego Awards trophies and stuff is great, we’re pretty sure making their late-night talk-show network television debut ranks pretty high on the ol’ bucket list.
The band (which is comprised of guitarist/singer Mikey Carnevale, bassist Richard Dotson, and drummer Marc Finn) have been on a tear since the release of their 2016 infectious LP, “You Are Going to Hate This” -- heading out on the road with FIDLAR, the Garden, the Regrettes, and SWMRS. And since they’re on the road so much these days, it’ll be nice to be able to catch ‘em from the comfort of our own couches.
Well done, lads.
The Frights Tour Dates
- April 9: Santa Ana, California at the Observatory (When We Were Young Festival)
- May 10: Henderson, Nevada at Eagle Aerie Hall
- May 12: Reno, Nevada at Holland Project
- May 13: Kuna, Idaho at Bernie Fisher Park
- May 16: Seattle, Washington at the Fun House
- May 17: Vancouver, British Columbia at the Cobalt
- May 18: Portland, Oregon at Analog Café
- May 19: Bend, Oregon at Domino Room
- May 20: Santa Cruz, California at the Catalyst Club (Atrium)
- May 21: Santa Barbara, California at Velvet Jones
May 10-21 dates with Hunny