It's that time of the year when you plan the rest of your musical Point Loma summer.
The folks at Humphreys Concerts By the Bay -- which is celebrating its 30th anniversary in 2011 -- posted their full summer calendar on its website on Sunday morning.
Kicking off this year's season is James Blunt, whose show, along with performances by Adele, Yanni and Chris Cornell, have been on sale for some time already.
Other than those shows, with one exception, tickets at the iconic venue go on sale on April 9 at 10 a.m. at Humphreys Restaurant and all Ticketmaster outlets. They will also be available at Ticketmaster or by phone at 800-745-3000 (the exception of Matthew Morrison on July 20, which will go on sale on April 15 at 10 a.m.).
As is usually the case, there is something for everyone at Humphreys, and this year is no exception. Everybody from classic rockers like the Moody Blues and George Thorogood and the Destroyers to reggae star Matisyahu to jazz greats George Duke, Marcus Miller and David Sanborn to comedians George Lopez and Steve Martin will take the stage by the bay this summer.
Some of the other shows that stand out this year: Diana Ross on Sept. 13, B.B. King on Aug. 15 and a pairing of Lyle Lovett and John Hiatt.
Here's the full lineup:
- May 3: James Blunt, $45
- May 6: Chris Cornell, sold out
- May 10: Lauryn Hill, $60
- May 13: Yanni, $78
- May 22: The Moody Blues, $85
- May 25 Barenaked Ladies, $67
- May 26: Rodrigo y Gabriela, $50
- June 7: Lyle Lovett and John Hiatt, $75
- June 8: Adele, sold out
- June 11: John Prine with Loudon Wainwright III, $59
- June 17: Na Leo, $40
- June 19: Jennifer Hudson, $115
- July 16: Bill Maher, $73
- July 18: Chris Isaak, $85
- July 20: Matthew Morrison (on sale April 15), $99
- July 22: The Fab Four -– the Ultimate Tribute, $43
- July 27: Indigo Girls, $45
- July 29: George Thorogood & the Destroyers, $55
- July 31: Los Lonely Boys/Los Lobos, $48
- Aug. 1: Chicago, $96
- Aug. 3: Hippiefest 2011, featuring Dave Mason, Mark Farner, Rick Derringer, Felix Cavaliere’s Rascals and Gary Wright, $55
- Aug. 4: Yes, $70
- Aug. 5: Cheech and Chong, $82
- Aug. 7: Matisyahu, $37
- Aug. 11: Keb Mo, $40
- Aug. 12: Dave Koz, $68
- Aug. 13: America, $50
- Aug. 15: B.B. King, $80
- Aug. 17: Steve Martin -- An Evening of Bluegrass & Banjo, $75
- Aug. 19: Tower of Power, $45
- Aug. 20: Carlos Mencia, $55
- Aug. 21: Amos Lee, $40
- Aug. 26: Jesse Cook, $40
- Aug. 28: DMS featuring George Duke, Marcus Miller and David Sanborn, $60
- Sept. 9: The Ultimate Doo-Wop Show featuring the Contours, the Spaniels, Kathy Young, the Vibrations, the Olympics, the Volumes, Paul and Paula, the Pentagons/Joe Jones, the Royals of San Diego and the Blue Suede Orchestra, $59
- Sept. 12: Tears For Fears, $80
- Sept. 13: Diana Ross, $115
- Sept. 16: Three Dog Night, $48
- Sept. 17: Chris Botti, $60
- Sept. 18: Cecilio and Kapono, $37
- Sept. 19: Return to Forever IV, featuring Chick Corea, Stanley Clarke,Lenny White, Jean-Luc Ponty and Frank Gambale, with special guest Zappa Plays Zappa, $83
- Sept. 23: Jim Gaffigan, $50
- Sept. 25: Basia, $45
- Sept. 26: Michael McDonald and Boz Scaggs, $98
- Oct. 7-8: George Lopez, $75
- Oct. 13: Australian Pink Floyd, $50
- Oct. 18: Billy Idol, $78
- Oct. 25: Celtic Thunder, $75
Sales on April 9 will be limited to 12 tickets per show with a 10-show maximum. Go to Humphreys' website for more information.