Getty Images/Erik S. Lesser
Cracker (singer/guitarist David Lowery pictured) and Camper Von Beethoven return to the Belly Up Sunday night. (Photo by Erik S. Lesser/Getty Images)
The year is coming to a close, and while everyone seems to be buzzing after a great weekend of shows and looking toward New Year's Eve, San Diego is still offering up great music tonight. Legendary musician Dave Alvin returns to the Casbah with the Gene Taylor Blues Band while Soda Bar offers up an eclectic lineup. Up at the Belly Up, a tradition continues as Cracker and Camper Van Beethoven return for their annual end of the year show, while Lestat's keeps it mellow. It's a great night if you need to spread your wings and rock out after being cooped up glued to football.
Sunday, December 29:
- Cracker, Camper Van Beethoven @ Belly Up
- Gene Taylor Blues Band (featuring Dave Alvin) @ the Casbah
- Plastic City Pariah, NorthAmericas, Moonshine, A New Ending @ Soda Bar
- Brian Levy with Gilbert Castellanos, Mikan Zlatkovich, Duncan Moore and Hamilton Price @ Dizzy's
- Ruby (10:00am), Breez'n (7:00) @ Humphrey's Backstage
- Wrong Beach, BeatMistress, Duchess De Sae, Devin Carson, Stalins of Sound, Focke Wolves, Djs Heather and Alyx @ Brick By Brick
- Last Call Home, the Rebound, Warmer Winters @ Lestat's
- Secrets, Milestone, Redeem Revive, Quorra, Shawshank Redeemed @ SOMA
- Jose Sinatra hosts O.B.-o-ke @ Winston's
Rosemary Bystrak writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.